The Creative Crew at Canvas Corp Brands was challenged to create within a 4x4 canvas please visit the blog for amazing inspiration by the creative crew !
This perhaps is the first time I have worked with raw canvas (CCB canvas is raw & made from 100% cotton fabric). I had fun creating on this as it accepted the mists so evenly…………all the layers were white to begin with............if you read through my post you will know what I mean!!!
Let me briefly give details how I went about creating the layers.
- I started with the raw canvas & used TH burlap stencil & Wendy's embossing paste to create a pattern on it. Let it dry & then sprayed Tattered angels simply sheer - black over it.
- For the next layer I used mistable papers from CCB & these take the sprays so easily, lending very even coverage. I have used - Glimmer mist - red chillies & marmalade here. The paper too was first stenciled to add a texture & pattern. Distressed & curled it randomly to add dimension.
- The heat embossed quote was framed in a resin frame buffed with Inka Gold (the black background here is again the result of Tattered angels simply sheer - black on white mistable paper).
- Finally, to enhance the texture & pattern on the layers I have rubbed Inka Gold & then assembled all the layers using a glue gun.
- Hung a cute little charm on the frame to finish the canvas.
Supplies used -
Canvas Home basics - 4x4 Canvas
Tattered angels - GM red chillies, marmalade, Simply sheer - black
Wendy Vecchi - Embossing paste
Stencils - TH burlap, Craftslane - decorative background
Wow Embossing powder - Opaque white
Pure Mistable paper - Canvas Home Basics
Viva Decor - Inka Gold
Kaisercraft Stamp - Best friends
Resin frame & charm
Sharing this at -
Thank you so much for visiting & taking the time to comment on my blog. I love to hear from you & truly appreciate your feedback. Have a crafty day!!