Monday 16 October 2017

Fun with New shades of Chalk paints - 2

Hello All!
Continuing my inspiration for the Itsy Bitsy blog, today I have some more projects using the new shades of chalk paints.


First up is an old tray I refurbished.
1. To begin clean & sand the tray.


2. I intend to retain the distressed look of the tray but with the new chalk paint shade - muted teal. For this paint the tray in black. 


3. Once dry rub a candle randomly at places you want to distress. 


4. Next paint the tray with muted teal chalk paint. Let dry.
5. Gently sand the tray. At places where the wax is, the top paint peels very easily revealing the base black coat.

6. To finish the tray I did an image transfer on the inside & sealed the paint with several coats of varnish.

Here is the final look.








The next project is a decoupage bottle using the same color - muted teal.




Some stamping & color splatters over the decoupage.






Wild wasabi is another shade from the new release that I love. I have decoupage a cutlery caddy to share - 



The contrast between the white of the doily & the green is the highlight of this caddy. 



Hope you are inspired by my projects. You can grab these chalk paints from the online store here.

Thank you so much for visiting & taking the time to comment on my blog. I love to hear from you & truly appreciate your feedback. Have a crafty day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...