This has been a very pleasing crafty week for me so far with a couple of wins - this altered jar made it to the top 3 at Whoopsi Daisy Challenge & Itsy Bitsy - Pristine Sparkle Challenge, this card made it to the Top 3 at Incy Wincy Challenge & this altered box got a honorable mention at Crafters Corner Summer Sundae Challenge, aren't these wins enough to be delighted & share with you all!! I also posted a review on Distress Paints for The Craft Shop.
This tutorial (my first attempt at making one) I did on special request from dear friend Sunehra..........we are all always learning from her, so was more than happy to do this for her.
1. Paper - any of your choice
2. Scallop circle dies
3. Die cutting machine
4. Mister bottle with water
5. Piercing tool / punch
1. Choose your paper (I have taken two different kinds - a handmade embossed paper & parchment paper).
2. Using the dies cut scallop circles in four sizes as shown from both the papers. So you will have eight in all.
3. Spritz all the scallops with water, scrunch each into a tight ball (while wet).
4. Leave the scrunched scallops to dry or you may use a heat gun.
5. Now carefully open them all.
6. Layer them according to size - alternate layers of both papers (same size)......eight in all.
7. Using a paper piercer/punch make a hole in the center (do not bother to be very precise it does not matter)
8. Insert a brad through the hole & fasten it to the bottom.
9. Carefully separate each layer & scrunching each layer once again.
10. Here is the finished flower - ready to be adorn any project.
Thank you so much for visiting & taking the time to comment on my blog. I love to hear from you & truly appreciate your feedback. Have a crafty day!!