Wednesday 31 July 2013

A Tea Light Candle Holder Card with a Tutorial

Hello friends, welcome once again :-).
I am back with another card today & this one is a tea light candle holder card with a tutorial (thanks to the Itsy Bitsy Challenge, let me tell you I really enjoyed compiling this & please excuse me if I have forgotten to capture a few steps).
This card doubles as a box to hold small gifts (chocolates, candies, tea lights) within the card. I have used this tutorial for reference.
Let me first take you through the steps in making this box. I have used another cardstock to show the first two steps because I forgot to take pics!!!! 
For my card I have used heavy weight white CS.









Glue one strip to form a box, leaving the smaller sides unglued to insert the candles.


The box & the card both are ready now. You can chose to decorate, embellish as you wish. I chose to heat emboss some flowers & then distress the card & box (used fired brick, barn door & mustard seed inks) as you can see - 



Now here is the much awaited part....................the final look. I truly loved the white heat embossed flowers against the red BG.


Some close ups.............


This is the inside of the card...................included a small pocket to hold a tag.


The tag completely co-ordinates with the color scheme & design............lady bud included!!! The tag is distressed with walnut stain & vintage photo inks.






The front & the back of the card.


Also made this card with the Lulupu Challenge#14 in mind & used the colors accordingly.
Also linking this to - 

Thank you so much for visiting & taking the time to comment on my blog. I love to hear from you & truly appreciate your feedback. Have a crafty day!!

12 comments:

  1. What a beautiful beautiful box Tanvi..The acetate addition is superb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb ! loved how you have used the colors through out the card n box and the embossed flowers look very wonderful ! Thanks for the tutorial ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Tanvi! This is just wonderful and thanks for the tutorial.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome!!!!!!

    Thanks for playing along with us at the lulupu challenge #14 - colour crush!

    Varshitha
    DT - lulupu

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I love it!! and I have to do it!
    Thanks for the tutorial!!!
    Thanks for joining us at The Lulupu Challenge #14 - colour crush!
    Ruthie DT - Lulupu

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an incredible eye for detail. Love your projects! Thanks for joining us at the Craft-Dee BowZ July challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The box looks beautiful, Tanvi. The mesh ribbon looks so cool!

    Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow. What a beautiful box...perfect for those tealights!

    ReplyDelete
  9. AWESOME STUFF TANVI!! Fabulous tutorial and I really like how you stamped all over it! The colours too are so vibrant! Thanks so much for playing along ItsyBitsy's Sizzix Tutorial Challenge. All the very best!
    ItsyBitsy - The Blog Place

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your win @ Lulupu :) Totally deserved!! Gorgeous work

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a wonderful creation with great details and its perfect for our "wholesale ribbon" challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent in DIY with christmas tree ribbon. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so creative, love how you made that! Thank you for the tutorial. I would like to thank you for entering my 'C... is for challenge' blog and I wish you good luck in the draw.
    Hugs,
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...