Thursday 23 January 2020

Distressed Book Box

Hello Crafty Souls!
Wishing you all a very HAPPY & CREATIVE 2020!
Though I have been creating regularly I missed sharing the post here on my blog & participating in challenges. 
So here I go with my first blogpost of 2020, a book box I have decoupaged using the newly launched rice papers by DRESS MY CRAFT. I wanted the distressed door to be the focal image for the box & recreate all the textures of the beautiful printed paper using my mixed media stash. Hang in there as I reveal all the details -
I carefully tore the door image & pasted it using Mod Podge Matte on the box, built on the background with chalk paints. 
The first texture I created around the arched door was concrete (Folkart Painted fnishes - Concrete)

Next I used Itsy Bitsy 2 step crackle medium, this added to the aged look I wanted.
Also used images from the rice paper for the inside of the box & continued to build on textures using sea sponge, stencils & stamps. Finally enhanced the aged look using antique wax.
For the box spine & back I chose a distressed look to coordinate with the focal image of the door & some random stamping with a crackle stamp.
This was a rather satisfying outcome, loaded with techniques to create textures for a complete aged distressed look.
Sharing this at the following challenges - 

Thank you so much for visiting & taking the time to comment on my blog. I love to hear from you & truly appreciate your feedback. Have a crafty day!

12 comments:

  1. So good to see you posting on your blog Tanvi....I too have resolved to blog more this year

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's absolutely stunning piece u hv created..thanks much for d detailed explanation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what an amazing make! I love The door design and beautiful worn look that you created - stunning 😀. Thanks so much for playing along at Art Journal Journey with your new rice papers and also for joining us at A Vintage Journey with the worn and weathered beauty that you created! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful bookpage,made fascinating and very romantic in appearance!
    Greeting Elke

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous cover for your book box, the texture and detail all look beautiful. Thank you for sharing with Jo's theme at Art Journal Journey.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely incredible, Tanvi. I'm so glad to have "met" you here because I absolutely adore what you have created. This is a fabulous cover for your book box. I love the hinges you chose and the distressing on the back. But that page itself is awesome. Thanks beyond belief for sharing this with us at Art Journal Journey and Jo's theme. Hope to see more of your art in the future, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, amazing! thank you for submitting to the STAMPLorations challenges!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing with STAMPlorations Stencil Challenge. I truly enjoyed looking at all the lovely colors and textures. Love how you made the door the focal point. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. fabulous project - thanks for joining the January STAMPlorations Stencil Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful book box, adore all of the textures and the wonderful distressing that you have done, thanks so much for joining us at A Vintage Journey for our 'We're All Getting Older' challenge! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, so many fabulous ageing techniques and effects. I love the stony texture around the door, and the faux crackle in the background. The papers inside look genuinely old, and I love the scratched weathered paint on the back. Very cool! Thanks so much for joining us on A Vintage Journey this month.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...